CS:GO has been out for a while and many new players are have trouble competing with people who have been playing for a long time. In this guide, we will be going over popular weapons on the Terrorist and Counter-Terrorist sides. Welcome to the CS:GO Weapons Guide!
Perhaps the most picked weapon of CS:GO, the AK-47 is favorited by beginners and professionals alike. With a low price and a instakill headshot, the AK-47 is great for killing enemies fast. Even though it is best to shoot in 1-2 shots, you can still kill your enemies fast with a spray.
SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GUIDES
- The AK-47 is the best general-purpose weapon for Terrorists in buy rounds due to its high power and low cost, making it one of the most economically efficient weapons in the game.
- When spraying or bursting with this weapon, make sure to pull the crosshair down for the next 4-7 rounds, as the spread when spraying is high. Remember to have proper crosshair placement (crosshair is at head level) first before bursting or spraying, and then fire 4-7 rounds while controlling the recoil. The chances are, in the first 7 rounds will get you a headshot kill.
- In Global Offensive, it is recommended to tapfire the weapon due to its high standing first-shot accuracy and ability to kill an opponent with a single headshot.
- Often times, many newcomers make the mistake in firing the AK-47 continuously until the current magazine is depleted. This makes the recoil of the weapon very hard to control and leaves the user vulnerable to enemy counter-attack. To prevent this, practice using the weapon with controlled bursts of fire and try to keep the recoil low.
- At long distances, strafing is essential. When strafing, tapfire for maximum accuracy, and the AK-47’s high damage will do the rest.
- When in medium range with high recoil, if using the small crosshair, aim with the top line for a higher chance to hit. At closer ranges, this will make scoring a headshot extremely easy.
- For very close range combat, feel free to fire full-automatic. However, be sure to aim the crosshair around the torso of the opponent due to the high recoil of the AK-47.
- It is possible to strafe and shoot with this weapon in medium quarters, provided that the gun is aimed at the legs of the target due to the high recoil. However, this should only be used as a last measure.
- While the accuracy of most weapons was increased in Counter-Strike: Source, the AK-47 did not receive this benefit.
- Due to the excellent penetration the AK-47 offers, veteran players will use this rifle for wallbanging.
- Try not to run with this rifle due to the low moving accuracy.
- If needed, switch to a sidearm when running to avoid the AK-47’s heavy speed reduction, especially in Global Offensive.
- Experienced CT’s will usually prefer the AK-47, often swapping out their M4 rifles for one dropped on the ground. Due to this, avoid purchasing the AK-47 or its counterparts after winning the pistol round. Even if you’re a veteran, the opposition will do their best to kill you and get your gun, causing your team to be at a huge disadvantage and you to not have sufficient funds later.
Love to Play FPS Games
Then check out Overwatch in through this link
Tec-9 is a great pistol for close quarters and it has a high magazine capacity. It can also instakill armored enemies with a single headshot. Though, it is best not to spray with this weapon because of recoil.
|Price|| PC: $500|
|Magazine capacity|| 18 / 90|
Console: 32 / 120
|Rate of fire||500 RPM|
|Weight (loaded)||1.2 kilograms|
|Muzzle velocity||1181 ft/s|
|Reload time||2.5 seconds|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|Kill Award|| $300 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||17 / 26 (65%)|
|Accurate Range||13 m|
- The Tec-9 is best tapfired aiming at the head, due to its above-average first-shot accuracy and ability to one-hit headshot kill helmeted enemies. Although the Tec-9 can unleash a high rate of fire, spamming the weapon will result in heavy inaccuracy and recoil.
- It is rather best not to engage groups of enemies without a teammate providing cover fire as the Tec-9’s poor accuracy won’t do much to save the player.
- The Tec-9 can be an acceptable sidearm for a player armed with a sniper rifle.
Need a New Mouse?
Buy the Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse through this link
The counterpart to the AK-47, the M4A4, has great accuracy, but not as good damage as the AK-47. Even though the damage is lower, it is great at killing enemies.
|Magazine capacity||30 / 90|
|Rate of fire||666 RPM|
|Reload time||3.1 s|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|225 / 250 (90%)|
|Kill Award|| $300 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||20 / 26 (76%)|
|Accurate Range||28 m|
- The M4A4 has high accuracy and moderate recoil, making it good for firing bursts. However, spraying is not always recommended, unless the enemy is in close proximity. At longer ranges, it is better to burst fire or tap fire.
- In medium and close ranges, the M4A4 can spray bullets at the torso or stomach and quickly deliver lots of accurate shots.
- Crouching can quickly and easily compensate for the early-spray recoil.
- Although headshots from the M4A4 are not always lethal, aiming for the head is still recommended, moreso at long range. A headshot might kill if an already injured opponent, or at least deliver enough damage that another bodyshot can finish.
- Compared to the M4A1-S, the M4A4 offers a larger magazine and reserve capacity, making it more suitable for a defensive role where more ammo is needed.
The AUG is very powerful and accurate and compensates for its low reload speed with high fire rate and low spread. Though, it is the most expensive rifle in the Counter-Terrorist weaponry.
- This weapon is ideal for defensive purposes, such as guarding or camping, but can also be used offensively. Since an opponent with a sniper rifle still has an advantage at long range, it’s advised to camp at medium to close ranges with the AUG.
- Use the weapon’s zoom to increase the accuracy of the weapon for opponents at a distance.
- It is not recommended to use the zoom at close range, as it decreases the peripheral vision, movement speed and firing rate (in older games). Additionally, firing while zoomed in will cause more visual shake, making it more difficult to track targets at close ranges.
- In earlier games, due to the reduced rate of fire, it is recommended to go for a headshot or aim at the chest or neck when zoomed in.
- In Global Offensive, because using the scope drastically reduces the recoil, it is actually viable to spray while aiming down the scope, due to the ease of compensating the recoil.
- When using the optics, take advantage of cover and remain unexposed to be a harder target to hit or ambush, especially at mid-range.
- With the small level of zoom, it’s possible to use the AUG as a replacement automatic sniper rifle (when the real auto sniper rifles are either banned by server rules or economically unviable) for long range use by firing in short bursts. The AUG is not a true replacement however, as the auto snipers have significantly higher damage.
- In Global Offensive, the AUG inflicts slightly less damage than any other assault rifles against unarmored targets, but the good armor penetration makes the AUG the only CT-exclusive assault rifle that can kill with 1 headshot even with helmet equipped (only at close ranges, approximately 200 units or less).
- Spraying bullets is not always recommended unless at very close range as the AUG has rather strong recoil (outside of when aiming down the scope in Global Offensive).
- Compared to the SG 552, the AUG has better accuracy and lower spread, but it also has lower damage and longer reload time. This makes the AUG less suitable for users that spray bullets so it is recommended to burst-fire and aim accurately to counter SG 552 users.
- Reload strategically, as the AUG’s reload time is considerably long (especially in Source and Global Offensive, where its reload time is the longest among rifles).
Liked this CS:GO Weapons Guide? Consider subscribing and checking out our article on CS:GO Tips and Tricks.